Sunday, July 03, 2005

Let's work together to end Sunday Night Syndrome!

Do you, like Sir Bob Geldof, dislike Mondays? Do you experience tetchiness and low mood on Sunday evenings? Do you feel the remaining hours of your precious weekend speeding past you? Is your enjoyment of these last few hours spoiled by thoughts of tasks/studies not completed, or friends and relatives not contacted, books unread, shoes unbought, thoughts unexplored, sunshine missed etc?

If you can answer yes to one or more of the above, then you may, like me, suffer from Sunday Night Syndrome (SNS), which affects individuals to varying degrees according to their enjoyment of their job, or the jealous knowledge that others have Monday off.

I am relatively lucky; I only have to work every second Monday, and I love my day (and sometimes night) job. My heart goes out to those of you in jobs you hate, especially if life outside work is pretty good.

I would like to invite you, wherever you are in the world, to join me in fighting the scourge of SNS. Please send us your stories, links and suggestions, and help us put Sunday Night Syndrome on the medical map as a recognised mental health issue!

In the meantime, I can recommend the following distractions:

1) Staring into Space

2) Count Arthur Strong, a true star.

3) Laughing and laughing at David Hasselhoff. Always a worthy pastime...

Bye for now

Kenny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home